Word Count : 3500 words
Type of assessment: Video presentation with pitch deck that includes detailed notes
Instructions for the summative assessments
Summative Assessment 1 Presentation and Discussion
Summative 1 (40%): Five-minute video explaining the business problem, why you are focusing on it, and what they are going to do next, accompanied by a 1,000-word outline structure documenting this with a minimum of 20 key reference sources noted.
Summative Assessment 2 Presentation and Discussion
Summative 2 (60%): Fifteen-minute video delivering the pitch accompanied by a PowerPoint pitch deck with 2,500-word notes: problem definition, research approach taken, findings and analysis, discussion and recommendation.
Structure and presentation
The presentation design and delivery should follow guidance you have been taught during this module.
References should be included at the back of the presentation but will not be included in the word count. You must use the Harvard system.
There will be regular opportunities during the seminars for feedback on your work in progress. Assessment
Your work will be assessed by a subject expert who will use either the marking criteria provided in the section “Instructions for assessment” or the Marking rubric enclosed in the Appendix, as appropriate for this module. When you access your marked work, it is important that you reflect on the feedback so that you can use it to improve future assignments.
A brief summary is provided below.
- Step One – The module and marking team meet to agree standards, expectations and how feedback will be provided.
- Step Two – A subject expert will mark your work using the criteria provided in the assessment brief.
- Step Three – A moderation meeting takes place where all members of the teaching and marking team will review the marking of others to confirm whether they agree with the mark and feedback
- Step Four – Work at Levels 5 and 6 then goes to an external examiner who will review a sample of work to confirm that the marking between different staff is consistent and fair
- Step Five – Your mark and feedback is processed by the Office and made available to you.