- All Questions carry equal marks.
- All Questions are compulsory
- All answers to be explained in not more than 1000 words for question 1 and 2 and for question 3 in not more than 500 words for each subsection. Use relevant examples, illustrations as far as possible.
- All answers to be written individually. Discussion and group work is not advisable.
- Students are free to refer to any books/reference material/website/internet for attempting their assignments, but are not allowed to copy the matter as it is from the source of reference.
- Students should write the assignment in their own words. Copying of assignments from other students is not allowed.
- Studentsshould follow the following parameter for answering the assignment questions.
1. You are the marketing director of Citibank, your bank is making huge profits globally in the consumer banking division, your organization now wants to cut back on consumer banking and wants to focus on business-to-business segment.
What type of strategy is it? Create a strategic plan for the disinvestment? How will you handle employee reactions, anger? Prepare a communication strategy. (10 Marks)
2. The IPL has never missed a season. Despite the Pandemic, the IPL organized its seasons in the UAE. In the past the IPL has organized its event in South Africa. Why would IPL be so insistent on continuing with its seasons despite the challenges it faced? Do you think the IPL brand would have been tarnished had a couple of seasons got missed? Would missing a season affect the IPL brand. Analyze and evaluate. (10 Marks)
3. You are the head corporate strategy for cinema express a successful theatre chain having 20 theatres with 80 screens in tier two towns of India with the Pandemic hitting hard at the theatre business with prolonged shut downs business has been badly hit. Along with this consumer sentiment has been dampened deeply.
- a. As the company’s head of strategy what strategies would you evolve in ensuring your organization remains relevant in the post pandemic world. Create a strategy plan.(5Marks)
- b.How would you reposition your company’s brand in the future? Create two new products for your theatre chain, which can ensure relevance and protect the company from unforeseen circumstances. (5 Marks)