- All Questions carry equal marks.
- All Questions are compulsory
- All answers to be explained in not more than 1000 words for question 1 and 2 and for question 3 in not more than 500 words for each subsection. Use relevant examples, illustrations as far as possible.
- All answers to be written individually. Discussion and group work is not advisable.
- Students are free to refer to any books/reference material/website/internet for attempting their assignments, but are not allowed to copy the matter as it is from the source of reference.
- Students should write the assignment in their own words. Copying of assignments from other students is not allowed.
- Studentsshould follow the following parameter for answering the assignment questions.
1. ‘Sundaram Ltd’ is an electronics company in Chandigarh. The top management plans to open new branches pan India so they want to create a dynamic human resource department for managing employee functions. You have been appointed as their VP – HR. Explain to the top management, what will be the scope of your department in this expansion. Give some examples in the context of this company. (10 Marks)
2. An FMCG company wants to focus on improving the structure of the human resource department. They have hired you as an HR advisor for this purpose. Suggest what should be the various activities under the new sub divisions in the HR Department. Elaborate them with corporate examples.
3. Maria, the HR Head of ‘Aztec Tech Solutions Ltd’ assigned the task of assessing the human resource planning to the HR Department. However, his team informed him that this assessment is not going well as they had expected. Keeping this context in mind, answer the following:
- a. Explain the process of human resource planning. Give some examples also.(5 Marks)
- b. Discuss the qualitative methods for Human Resource Demand forecasting, that the company can utilize. Which one do you think is best suited for this company? (5 Marks)