Word Count : 2000 words
Module Title : Project Management
Module Code : 7002SSL
Assignment Number : CW1
Assignment Title : Presentation
Assignment Brief Mode E and R Regulations
Learning Outcomes :
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the role of project management within organisations to deliver successful change
2. Demonstrate competence in planning a project within a given organisational context.
3. Critically evaluate the application of project management methodologies and techniques used to organise and plan project time, cost, resources, and people.
4. Demonstrate critical understanding on how cultural, communication, leadership and teamwork affect international project management.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
You recently resumed as a project manager in a multinational organisation. Your first task isto manage an international project designed to deliver organisational change in line with the strategic objectives of your organisation. Your Project Director, Mrs. Maria Jones, has asked you to deliver a 10-minute video presentation about the project to the Board of Directors. The presentation should encompass the following:
• A critical reflection on the benefits of project management and its role in enabling/facilitating
effective change in organisations.
• A project scope statement including but not limited to the:
o Project aim/justification,
o Critical success factors.
• Critical explanation regarding how you would address challenges relating to culture,
communication, leadership, and teamwork that you may encounter on this international
project in your capacity as project manager.
Your presentation should demonstrate your ability to effectively synthesise the theoretical and
practical aspects of project management in a real-life organisational context and deliver effective
change in the process
If you are a business student and joined Coventry University in September 2020 or later please use APA referencing, if you joined prior to this date you may use APA or the existing Harvard Reference Style (see CU LibGuide) that you are familiar with. Law students should use OSCOLA. Please be consistent in the referencing style that you use and use it correctly to avoid a case of plagiarism or cheating being brought. If you are unsure, please contact the Centre for Academic Writing, your Progression Coaches or a member of the course team.