In this assignment you are expected to critically analyse a B2C company and suggest a digital marketing strategy. The assignment consists of two relevant tasks.
Task 1: Based on a real-world B2C product focused company of your choice, please conduct a critical analysis on its promotional material using tools covered in this module, such as the marketing mix (4-Ps), and STP (segmentation, targeting and positioning) of its product offerings. The material could be the company’s official website, company reports, anyadvertisements, social media communications, or a combination of these. You should reference these sources in your coursework to support your observations.
Task 2: Building upon task 1, choose a product of the company you discussed, and propose a digital marketing strategy for your chosen B2C company. The strategy should aim to help improve the marketing mix.
Supporting your argument Do not simply base your analysis on memory or personal experience of the product or service you have chosen.
You should draw on academic literature such as journal articles and books beyond the core textbook to give theoretical support to your claims throughout the assignment. When referencing all material, you should do so in accordance with the Harvard Referencing System. Proper academic referencing is fundamental to academic writing and is therefore an important part of this assessment. If you are in any doubt about how to reference, you can refer to the university’s online guide to Harvard Referencing for guidance:
Guidance on locating sources
- At the end of each chapter of the core textbook, you will find a reference list which you can use to directly locate further reading. You may also wish to use the library search function, or Google Scholar, entering key search terms and narrowing down the results.
- All assignments are checked for plagiarism and poor scholarship. Do not cut and paste material from the internet, or from other sources without full and proper citation in line with the Harvard Referencing System.
- Further guidance on searching for literature is available on Blackboard, under “Readings and Sources”.
- Font: Times New Roman, size: 12 pt, colour: black
- 1.5 line spacing
- Margins not less than 2.54 cm on left and 3 cm on the right
- All pages should be numbered
- A correctly formatted (must be Harvard style) reference list and if necessary and relevant, any appendices
- This is an individual assessment; it must be original and your own work. University rules regarding plagiarism and late submissions will be strictly enforced. All assessments will be cross-checked carefully on Turnitin.
Proposed Essay Structure
1. Introduction and overview of the marketing mix (500 words)
- Briefly introduce the chosen real-world B2C product focused company.
- Apply the marketing mix and its four core elements, with support from relevant academic literature (present as table as if you wish)
- Present your analysis of the marketing mix for your chosen proposition. Remember to refer to the promotional material, explaining how you inferred this.
2. Analysis of Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning (750 words)
- Briefly explain the process of segmentation, targeting and positioning, with support from relevant academic literature.
- Apply the STP theory to your chosen proposition, explaining how the organisation is likely to have segmented the market, which segment(s) appear to be targeted, and how the proposition is positioned. Remember to refer to the promotional material, explaining how you inferred this.
3. [Insert name of digital marketing strategy one] (1500 words)
- A SMART objective for proposed digital marketing strategy
- Provide a recommendation that are the most appropriate use of digital marketing strategy
- Demonstrates the application of relevant digital marketing theories and concepts to your chosen product or service
- Explain how the digital marketing strategy aims to help improve the marketing mix.
- Details of how the success of the proposed digital marketing strategy will be evaluated
4. Conclusion (250 words)
- Critically reflect on the process of analysing your product of service using the marketing mix and STP models.
- Overview of each proposed digital marketing strategy and benefit to the product/service.