Word Count : 5000 words
Module Title : Data Ethics and Research Methods
Module Code : MMI226823
Assignment Number : CW1
Assignment Title : Research Report Specifications
Module Learning Outcomes :
1. Identify and critically evaluate sources of data and information and use data to make strategic decisions.
2. Comprehend the range of tools and techniques available as support for decision-making.
3. Critically assess the various influences and factors affecting the process of decision-making.
4. Identify and analyse risk-based decision-making to make informed choices.
5. Evaluate and understand the complexity of the international context when taking decisions.
6. Critically analyse and recognise the increased risk associated with global decision-making.
1. Goal of the coursework
The goal of the coursework is to conduct a research study on a chosen topic in the area of Secure
AI/ML. To undertake your coursework #1, you will need to study the chosen topic of Secure AI/ML
and then focus on a Secure AI/ML problem (or issue).
For the avoidance of self-plagiarism, your completed coursework #1 should be substantially different
from any of your other courseworks or projects, whether submitted or on-going.
To undertake your coursework #1, it is essential that you conduct a systematic search and study of
the recent publications in the chosen topic and a thorough study on the relevant software toolkits /
frameworks in the chosen topic.
The study of your coursework #1 should be carried out in two aspects, namely
(i) comprehensive and critical analysis of the state of the art of the chosen topic, and
(ii) experimental evaluation of the common/basic approach/solution to the chosen topic on a
testbed set up with the relevant software toolkits / frameworks.
2. Template of coursework report and distribution of marks
Your coursework report should be organised as follows, with the marks distributed accordingly
In preparing the coursework report, it is important that you refer to the Marking Scheme.
You should submit your coursework report to the submission link in the “coursework #1” folder on
GCULearn. Your coursework report must be in Word Doc files, though the appendices may be separate in other files.
For reference only, the word count for the coursework report is 5000 (10%) words. This only applies to the body of text, less the words in the diagrams and tables.
The coursework report should be solely based on your own understanding. Thus, it is expected that
the similarity of your coursework report should be no more than 10%.
Refer to the “Assessment Schedule” for the date of submission of the coursework report.
4. Report writing and plagiarism
When working on the coursework report, it is important that you refer to the guidance on coursework report writing.
Plagiarisms, in any form, should be avoided. Common plagiarism may appear in various forms, e.g.,
poor academic practice, self-plagiarism, collusion, ghost writing, and so on. You should refer to the University’s Code for Student Conduct
All forms of plagiarisms are unacceptable, as they do not demonstrate one’s own understanding,
own knowledge, or own work.