Word Count : 3000 words
Module Title : Data Ethics and Research Methods
Module Code : MMI226823
Assignment Number : CW2
Assignment Title : Research Report Specifications
Module Learning Outcomes :
1. Identify and critically evaluate sources of data and information and use data to make strategic decisions.
2. Comprehend the range of tools and techniques available as support for decision-making.
3. Critically assess the various influences and factors affecting the process of decision-making.
4. Identify and analyse risk-based decision-making to make informed choices.
5. Evaluate and understand the complexity of the international context when taking decisions.
6. Critically analyse and recognise the increased risk associated with global decision-making.
1. Goal of the coursework
The goal of the coursework is systematically evaluating the ethical, social and legal issues of Artificial
Intelligence (AI) / Data Science. In particular, your coursework report must provide:
(i) in-depth and critical discussion of the major ethical, social and legal issues of AI / Data
(ii) in-depth and critical discussion of the solution strategies to address the ethical, social and
legal issues of AI / Data Science.
2. Template of coursework report and distribution of marks
Your coursework report should be organised as follows, with the marks distributed accordingly :
Your coursework report should begin with a proper introduction and finish with a relevant
The marks are distributed as follows:
discussion of the ethical issue(s) [100/3] marks
discussion of the social issue(s) [100/3] marks
discussion of the legal issue(s) [100/3] marks
In preparing the coursework report, it is important that you also refer to the Marking Scheme
In preparing the coursework report, it is important that you refer to the Marking Scheme.
You should submit your coursework report to the submission link in the “coursework #2” folder on
GCULearn. Only a Word Doc file is accepted for the submission of the coursework report.
For reference only, the word count for the coursework report is 3000 (10%) words. This only
applies to the body of text, less the words in the diagrams and tables.
The coursework report should be solely based on your own understanding. Thus, it is expected that
the similarity of your coursework report should be no more than 10%.
Refer to the “Assessment Schedule” for the date of the submission of the coursework report.
4. Report writing and plagiarism
When working on the coursework report, it is important that you refer to the guidance on
coursework report writing.
Plagiarisms, in any form, should be avoided. Common plagiarism may appear in various forms, e.g.,
poor academic practice, self-plagiarism, collusion, ghost writing, and so on. You should refer to the
University’s Code for Student Conduct https://www.gcu.ac.uk/gaq/complaintsstudentconduct/
All forms of plagiarisms are unacceptable, as they do not demonstrate one’s own understanding,
own knowledge, or own work.