Word Count : 3000
Main Objective of the assessment
The coursework is required to cover all learning outcomes, as it is 100% of the assessment.
• To demonstrate an understanding of International Marketing
• To show how an understanding of both the theory and practice of International Marketing
• To show a good understanding of the subject matter of the individual essay
• To demonstrate an understanding of the material taught on the module.
Description of the Assessment
Answer one of the below three questions. This should be written as a single essay though with two parts reflecting Part A and Part B. Use examples and do
not present the work as a single case study answer. The essay should be 3,000 words in length not including references. At least ten academic references
should be used.
1. Marketing Communication and Environment
What is Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC)? Analyse the roles that communication plays in the international marketing process.
Why should a marketer have good understanding/knowledge of a country’s environment when developing a communication campaign?
2. Culture and International Marketing
Discuss the importance of cultural effects in international marketing.
Choose two culturally different countries and applying Hofstede’s and Hall’s theories on culture to illustrate how a company adjusts its marketing strategy in
each country due to cultural differences. Apply one of the following examples of a finance or a charity (e.g., WWF, Greenpeace, OXFAM etc.)
3. Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
What is segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP)? Why STP is so important to the international marketing process?
Discuss why brands sometimes change aspects of their STP in international markets. Provide an example of a brand which has adapted its STP
in an international market and explain why adaptation has taken place.