Word Count : 1000 words
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
- Explain the main concepts of current and intelligent technologies for information search and retrieval applications.
- Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of information systems.
- Communicate effectively, the findings, challenges, and solutions to problems in information systems explaining the methods and technical details.
- Task 1: Review of the Inverted Index Data Structure: Discussion on the inverted index including why it is useful for information retrieval (IR) tasks (2 grades) (~400 words).
- Task 2: Experiments with Stemming – a comparison of IR system performance with and without stemming: Discussion on the impact of stemming on efficiency and effectiveness of IR system (2 grades) (~400 words).
- Task 3: Experiments with Alternative Keyword Queries and Weighting Schemes – a retrieval evaluation of 3 weighting schemes on a test collection with 2 supplied queries: a) Precision-Recall Graphs and b) Discussion of Topic Retrieval Result and c) Discussion of Weighting Function Retrieval Results.
Reference Style : Harvard