Word Count : 5000 - 7000 words
- Develop an understanding of your chosen business’s brand, positioning and their existing market offering.
- Identify its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Develop two buyer personas for your chosen business.
- Identify potential opportunities for future marketing campaigns by looking at the target segments that offer the most return on investment for your client.
- Provide a short overview of the company.
- Include the company’s position in the market and current market offering.
- Outline the objectives of your report identifying the target segments and gaps for where marketing is best directed).
- Provide a brief background of the company, including its history, context, operating environment and challenges.
Provide a SWOT of your chosen company in this section (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
- This assessment will require you talking to someone from the company to inform your analysis of the market segmentation. We ask that you are respectful of their time and arrange to contact them on one occasion rather than multiple times.
- We also ask you to remember when talking to companies that you are representing the Massey MBA programme. Please keep all company information requested confidential to the company and respect your interviewee’s decisions if information cannot be shared.
- You are welcome to share your analysis with the company in question following submission.
- If required, I can provide you an official letter on behalf of Massey University to confirm your enrolment in the course and intention for speaking to the company representative.
- Please note that you are not to interview customers or users of the company. This would require special permission from the University’s Ethics Committee, which is not possible in the timeframe of this course. It’s important to remember that insights gained from the company are those from the company’s perception and may be viewed differently from the users. To understand these perspectives, you can look online at reviews of this company or similar products or services.
- You may not have access to proprietary company information to inform your buyer personas. This is fine; what you are being assessed on is your understanding of the strategy.
- You are expected to support your analysis and findings with references from relevant marketing and academic publications. These should be properly referenced in APA format.
- The peer feedback component of this assessment will feed into your overall grade for Assessment 1 and will be provided as an overall participation and peer feedback grade at the completion of the course.
Reference : APA