Word Count : 2500 words
- Assess the strategic position of an organisation and evaluate the strategic choices available to an organisation;
- Discuss how an organisation might go about its strategic implementation;
- Evaluate and redesign business processes and structures to implement and support the organisation’s strategy taking account of customer and other major stakeholder requirements
- Integrate appropriate information technology solutions to support the organisation’s strategy
- Advise on the principles of project management to enable the implementation of aspects of the organisation’s strategy with the twin objectives of managing risk and ensuring benefits realisation
- Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of a company’s strategy and the financial consequences of implementing strategic decisions
- Assess the role of leadership and people management in formulating and implementing business strategy.
You are required to research and analyse a real public-listed firm on LSE of your choice, addressing issues as described in specific guidelines relating to the assignment task, in conjunction with the marking rubric. This is an individual assignment, which will require the creation of business analysis case study report based on your analysis of a real public-listed firm on LSE you choose.
Please note that no two students are to choose the same company. The choice of company is on a first come first served basis, therefore soon as you have decided your choice of company, please post your chosen company with ticker number (ie. Tesco, TSCO) on M116LON Aula and also inform your module tutor / leader by email accordingly.
For formative assessment, students should present their progress within the Assessment and Feedback sessions.
- Company profile description including brief background of the company, products or services, position in the industry, and basics – (1 page)
- Situational Analysis (Internal and external perspectives): Students are to perform a situational analysis for your chosen company in LSE. Situation analysis refers to a collection of methods that managers use to analyse an organization’s internal and external environment to understand the organization’s capabilities, customers, and business environment. The situational analysis should
include but not limited to a review of their mission and vision statements, core value, key success factors, stakeholder analysis, current strategies and one internal/external scan (SWOT, Porter five forces, PESTEL, VRIO or value chain analysis) to support the understanding of the competitive, legislative and economic environment your target company operates. Based on your situational analysis and research, you need to determine the key decision criteria that will support their growth strategy. The criteria should not only include the expected financial returns but also other business norms that are important to each of their business.
Financial Analysis: Analysis of recent financial statements, financial ratios, horizontal and vertical analysis. Critical analysis of ratios and their trends. Use a competitor and industry benchmark for comparison.
1-year stock price chart with relevant benchmark. Analyse stock price trend
Strategic Evaluation: Include industry and competitor comparison in your analysis. And any other current issues to be considered such as ESG.
Conclusions and Recommendation: based on the results of your analysis, summarize the strategic position of the chosen organisation. (1 page)
Do NOT attach annual reports!
TOTAL Word Limit: 2500 words (DO NOT EXCEED)
Draft a report for the investment fund management in the form of an analysis of the financial
Performance and position of a company that incorporates the following:
- Company profile description including brief background of the company, products or services, position in the industry, and basics – (one page)
- Analysis of recent financial statements, financial ratios, horizontal and vertical analysis. Critical analysis of ratios and their trends. Use a competitor and industry benchmark for comparison.
- One-year stock price chart with relevant benchmark. Analyse stock price trend 4. Leverage ratios and evaluation of sources of corporate financing used by the company (debt and equity). Include industry and competitor comparison in your analysis. Do you agree with their choice of capital structure?
- Recommendation: Justify your selection or rejection of the company as an investment based on the results of your analysis. Summarize only. (one page)
- One-page Business Exec. Summary & References MUST be included.