Word Count : 3000 words
- Review and critically evaluate contemporary issues in the context of current research
in the field of organisational behaviour and their impact on elements of HRM.
- Analyse how organisations address and manage change, the impact of change on
people management and the role of leadership in that process.
- Critically discuss and assess the choices organisations make in respect of their
management of individuals and teams in the organisation.
- Evaluate how theories and models of OB and HRM are put into practice by
organisations and the ethical dimensions of why and how they do this.
- Demonstrate critical knowledge and understanding of the contribution of principles-
led, evidence-based decision making to organisational behaviours and outcomes.
The aim of this module is to provide students with an in depth understanding of relevant theories
and models that are used to explain the ways in which humans behave in organisations and the
formal and informal structures in place in organisations that impact those behaviours.
YOUR TASK AS A CONSULTANT
You should address ALL of the following tasks:
- The Green Room management have, up to this point, tried to adopt a Soft HRM
approach. Firstly, using examples from the case study and referring to relevant
theories and models, explain what this is and how it has helped and/or hindered the
organisation. Second, what will The Green Room need to do differently in its people
management approaches now and why?
- Leadership and culture are intertwined in The Green Room. Using relevant
theories of BOTH leadership and culture identify the strengths and weaknesses in the
organisation at the moment and make some suggestions about what might need to
change and why. You should also suggest how these changes will help the
organisation to operate more sustainably in the future.
- The management of change is going to be crucial for The Green Room to be
successful in a sustainable way. Using relevant theories of change management and
applying these to specific examples in the case study, set out what the key changes
need to be and provide a change process that could be followed by the management
of The Green Room AND explain how and why this would allow for successful change.
Task(s) – format
Students have considerable freedom in structuring their submission. However, submissions must include:
- Title page (including student name, number, Module name and number and word count)
- Contents page
- (Main body)
- Reference list
Referencing & Citation – you are expected to be able to properly cite theories and frameworks in your assignment and to provide a reference list as part of your assignment submission. You should use RGU Harvard referencing and citation throughout.