Word Count : 3500 words
Learning Outcomes :
- Critically evaluate ethical and inclusive approaches to leadership, diversity and entrepreneurship in professional practice.
- Critically reflect on the entrepreneurial practice and the qualities of effective leadership in relation to personal professional development.
- Understand the principles for leading and developing people
- Understand leadership and development strategy
- Understanding Entrepreneurship in strategic contexts
- Understand the principles of entrepreneurial practice
Developing a strategy for leading in an entrepreneurial context.
Task 1 – Choose one case study video.
Write a short report based on your choice of ONE of THREE employer case studies. The assessment video are as follows
- a) A critical and strategic analysis of the challenges/issues facing the organization using ONE or more appropriate tool/s for this analysis. (10 Marks).
- b) A critical evaluation of the leadership model/s and communication strategies of the organization and its impact on employee and organizational culture and performance. (10 Marks)
- c) THREE recommendations with justification, for enabling and improving the organization’s performance. (10 Marks)
(1,500 words, 30% of marks)
Task 2A- Prepare a briefing note in an Ms word document file addressing the three questions above. Word count is 1000 words max.
The questions to be covered in your briefing note are reinstated here.
- a) A critical appraisal of the phases in entrepreneurial practice from your new business idea phase to the delivery phase. (10% Marks)
- b) A critical analysis of the strategies for addressing or managing risk within the new entrepreneurial business venture that you have proposed to the organization. (10% Marks)
- c) A critical appraisal of the entrepreneurial traits and characteristics for strategic positioning of the newly proposed business venture to the organization. (10% Marks)
(Task 2 briefing note- 1000 words, 30% of marks)
Task 2B– Based on your analysis in task ONE, and using the same assessment case study video in task 1
Create a 2 slides executive summary narrated presentation with the first slide as your cover slide. This slide will have your student no, your chosen assessment video/ organisation, timing and word count. The word count for this presentation is 500 words. (500 words, 15% of marks)
The second slide will be a 3 minutes narrated Executive summary revealing the pitch of your briefing note which should address the following questions / issues.
- What informed your new business Idea and its benefit to the organization
- A critical appraisal of the risk associated with your proposed idea and the funding prospects for your business idea
- A critical analysis of the strategies for addressing or managing risk within the new entrepreneurial business venture.
- A critical appraisal of the entrepreneurial traits and characteristics for strategic positioning of the new business venture
Task 3: Personal and Professional Account
Write a reflective personal and professional account
Create a reflective writing on any one of the professional areas from the CMI Code of Conduct and Practice, www.managers.org.uk/code ensuring you also elaborate further on how you would apply it to your own current or future professional career.
You can use a reflective model such as Gibbs, Kolb, Rolfe, Burton etc including any professional and systematic model
(500 words, 15% of marks)