Word Count : 1500 words
Systems Analysis and Design ClientIn this assignment, you are expected to find a client to work with. A potential client can be a small organization who would like to develop an information system, e.g., a website, a customer relationship management system, an appointment booking system,etc. A potential client can also be a large organization who would like to enhance an existing business process of its department, e.g., Tesco would like to improve the customer store experience with the IoT sensor installed in the basket of fresh fruits and vegetables to monitor the stock of these fresh foods. You can find the client by yourself or you can choose one of several clients recommended from the lecture to work on your project.
Suppose your client would like to develop an information system based on their business needs, your group is acting as the consultant company to provide a systems analysis and design report to them to assistant your client to develop their information system. Your report is expected to apply all the skillsand knowledge you have learned from this course to develop the report to your client. You shall develop a report to document all stages of systems analysis and design of a project, fromthe initial system request, feasibility analysis, requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional models, and all design stages including (class and method design, data management layer design, human-computer interaction design, and physical architecture design).
Design (individual activities)(word limit: 1500)(Tasking number is continued from the group activities).
12)Class and Method Design (10marks)This part designs classes and methods of the information system from functional models. You are expected to produce the contract form and method specification form. Given there are many contract forms and method specification forms, each group member will work in 2 contract forms and 2 method specification forms individually.
13)Data Management Layer Design (10marks)Please discuss how you are going to design the format of storage, maps the classes to the selected format, optimize the storage, and designs the data access and manipulation classes for your project individually.
14)Human-Computer Interaction Layer Design (10marks)Please discuss how to design the user interface of your chosen project individually.
15)Physical Architecture Layer Design (10 marks)Please discuss how to design the physical architecture of your chosen project individually.
16)You are expected to reflect what you have learned during the Systems Analysis and Design (SAD) course and team project. So, you have done your team project and completed your project report, it’s time to reflect your personal experience with the systems analysis and design knowledge. (10 marks)Your reflection shall reflect several key points:SAD life cycle and methodologies Systems Analysis Systems Design Systems Analyst Team project experience
Knowledge & Understanding:
1. Critically discuss the business needs of organizations to use information technology
2. Critically appraise the overall rationale, key stages, deliverables and personnel roles involved in traditional and other systems development lifecyclesIntellectual / Professional skills & abilities:
3. Specify the requirements for an information system using object oriented analysis and design techniques, based on an accepted leading approach
4. Apply analysis and design techniques to typical business scenarios, using advanced object modelling concepts and techniques Personal Values Attributes (Global / Cultural awareness, Ethics, Curiosity) (PVA):
5. Critically appraise the concepts and techniques of object-oriented development, demonstrating an understanding of professional codes of practice applicable to systems analysis and design projects