Assessment Brief : SW7027
Method of assessment: Essay
‘The development of personal budgets and the personalisation policy for adults has led to many more service providers within social care and greater choice for service users’.
Discuss and critically analyse this statement with reference to good social work with one of the following ‘service user’ groups:
- Older people
- Adults with a learning or physical disability
- Adults with mental health needs
- Where possible students should make reference to:
- Empirical studies of service user and/or informal carer experiences of personal budgets or personalized care
- A specific need(s) or relevant issue(s) in relation to your service user group (e.g. loneliness, formal care, support, respite, risk, advocacy, demographics, poverty, discrimination, exclusion)
- Relevant social policy: including some reference to care management and quasi-markets
- Appropriate legislation: which may include the Care Act, NHSCC Act, or the Mental Health Care Act, and so on.
- Theory or methods: for example, Strengths, Person Centred, Risk Positive, Systems, Anti-oppression, Feminist, and so on.
- Up to 4,000 words
- Remember your structure-introduction, main body of work and conclusion. Clear and accurate referencing. Use of up to date sources ideal but older articles or books can also be used
Further information available in module handbook and during lectures