Word Count : 2500 words
- Understand the principles of Lean Management and Six Sigma Quality.
- Ability and understanding of how to carry out Process Improvement.
- Ability and understanding of how to use Lean and Improvement tools to identify and solve process problems
- Critical application and understanding of how to apply Lean and Improvement techniques in real-world environment.
- Synthesise and critically evaluate lean improvement methodologies and have an understanding of how they are linked to environmental, social and governance factors in sustainability.
During a global recession – low income, stagnant growth; how can 5S/ SMED/ Poka yoke help in process improvements generally. Choose a specific industry – you may choose a particular industry in a specific country to analyse.
Analytical Methods – what techniques are you choosing to use for your analysis and why did you choose these. (Application of Knowledge)
Understanding the Techniques – this is where you demonstrate your
understanding of the techniques and what are your findings. (Application of
Clarity of Report – this is where you impress your reader with clear layout, no typos, acceptable grammar and diagrams that are not too small to read. (Presentation of Knowledge)
Individual written report, (2,500 words +/- 10%)
Referencing Style :
Use Harvard Referencing throughout the assignment where required. Please follow the Harvard Referencing Handbook for your assignment at the ULBS.