Learning outcomes :
1.Explain the core concepts of the cloud computing paradigm: how and why this paradigm shift came about, the characteristics, advantages and challenges brought about by the various models and services in cloud computing.
2.Apply the fundamental concepts in data centers to understand the trade-offs in power, efficiency and cost.
3.Discuss system virtualisation and outline its role in enabling the cloud computing system model (COI).
4.Critically assess the principles and characteristics of data centre standards (IC, COI).
5.Apply virtualization techniques and cloud computing models (DP).
6.Critically develop and evaluate solutions for real-life computational challenges (EID)
7.Assimilate new knowledge through research and be able to describe this in a written report.
8.Group work using software packages, documentation/report writing skills and working to meet deadlines.
For this course work, you are required to
● Start with an introduction that gives an overview of the current system in your scenario and identify a problem or issue that cloud computing can be used to address.
● You must gather functional and non-functional information about the existing system.
● Document and submit a cloud architecture for the scenario allocated to you
● Your report must include an implementation of your architecture that has been implemented on any one of the Cloud platforms (AWS, MS Azure or Google).
● Use the information gathered to carry out the tasks and produce the deliverables in section 3.0 below
● Appendix A has some useful resources
Perform the tasks below and submit the Deliverables
You will have to produce and submit the Project report through Moodle in PDFformat:
1.The Project report (.pdf document 1000 words +/10%, excluding references and pictures), which will consist of the following main areas:
a.Introduction: Write your introduction that sets the scene for the problem domain.
b.Project plan: the plan must explain the milestones and other project planning aspects.
- Identify and specify functional and non-functional requirements to solve the presented problem.
- Identify the key characteristics (e.g., risk) of the system from your point of view and describe how cloud computing can help in this case.
Choice of cloud platform as solution for the problem domain and rationale for choice
Choice of data centre and standards
- Architect the cloud solution for the scenario with a justification of the services you are using
- Implement 50% of the architectureand provide screenshots using the appropriate cloud platform
Analysis and Reflection
- Costing (AWS Calculator)
- Present your analytical reflection on how to maintain the system, manage its evolution, respond to the evolving business needs as well as regulations and government rules