Word Count : 2500 words
● The topic is about civil rights and the sources are the readings from the Portable Sixties Reader, by Anne Moody, Rosa Parks, Malcolm X, and Martin Luther King Jr. You will need an additional source for the minimum number of required sources.
● Essay must have a multi-part thesis that previews the main points/discussion topics of the research paper
● Research paper must be in MLA style/format
● 6 typed, double spaced, 12 pt. font (Times New Roman) pages in total
○ 5 research sources required (minimum)
■ Must use variety of sources: books, articles from databases, journals, newspapers, etc. with a failing grade
● Incorporate quotations into your essay
○ use parenthetical citation to document all sources used in the text of the paper
○ make sure all sources used in paper are cited on Works Cited page and vice versa
○ use lead-ins to introduce all quotations
■ limit quotations to three lines or less from original source
● The thesis will be based on the specific kinds of racial discrimination faced by African-Americans at that time, the different methods civil rights leaders used in overcoming these challenges, and the significant impact or legacy of those civil rights victories.
Reference: Harvard Referencing