- All Questions carry equal marks.
- All Questions are compulsory
- All answers to be explained in not more than 1000 words for question 1 and 2 and for question 3 in not more than 500 words for each subsection. Use relevant examples, illustrations as far as possible.
- All answers to be written individually. Discussion and group work is not advisable.
- Students are free to refer to any books/reference material/website/internet for attempting their assignments, but are not allowed to copy the matter as it is from the source of reference.
- Students should write the assignment in their own words. Copying of assignments from other students is not allowed.
- Studentsshould follow the following parameter for answering the assignment questions.
1. India’s vision of self-reliance is not only on its technological prowess but the conscious exploitation its flora and fauna. Explain and highlight the important provisions and features of the law that conserves biological diversity in India along with regulating the access to Indian Biological Resources. ( 10 Marks )
2. Please give two (2) instances where investigations and/or punishments are initiated/enforced by the authorities set up under the Competition Act, 2002. (10 Marks)
3. Samanyu wants to start a business along with his elder sister Samaira. Both have decided to start food truck chains across India and have decided to name it as “SamSam”. They are going to introduce a range of food products under the name of SamSam. For ex: SamSam Fries, SamSam Pizza, SamSam Tacos etc. Each of these products would have a special recipe designed by both Samira and Samanyu. However, they are skeptical that the word SamSam and these recipes would be copied/plagiarized by other food truck owners. They have approached you with following queries for them to understand what steps then can take to protect their rights:
- a. What types intellectual property rights they could claim in relation to the SamSam and the recipes. Please explain with reason on why the type of intellectual property would apply? (5 Marks)
- b. Explain civil and criminal remedies under various intellectual property laws for enforcement of intellectual property rights? (5 Marks)
Comments are closed.