Word Count : 3800 words
Learning Outcomes :
- To manage more effectively in the context of professional and educational environments.
- Demonstrate competence in lifelong learning skills and development planning.
- Demonstrate competence in post-graduate study.
- Critically analyse and discuss existing literature relevant to the professional area.
- Compare and contrast the relative merits of different research methods and their relevance to different situations.
There is one assessment worth 100% of the overall grade for BSM260. The assessment has two parts of 50% weighting each. You must complete both parts to fulfil the requirements of the module.
Annotated bibliography (50% weighting)
You are required to critique two articles on your selected theme. Consider your own course subject and select two journal articles on one of the taught themes from the following list. For example, if you are studying MSc Project Management, you might select two articles on Wellbeing at work in a project context.
- Learning in an organisational context.
- Wellbeing in the workplace.
- Collaborative improvement approaches in the workplace.
• The role of personal development in your professional field of study.
Development opportunity reflection. E-portfolio extract and critical reflection (50% weighting) For the first element of part 2, you will upload the Where Am I Now analysis (WAIN) completed in week 2. You will then consider the ratings and supporting evidence you recorded in the template and produce a 200-word critical reflection on a key development opportunity arising from the WAIN analysis. Please submit your completed WAIN analysis then your 200-word reflection.
The second element of part 2 is about demonstrating how the artefacts you have collated in the e portfolio you have prepared over the course of the semester support personal development of a range of competencies.
Please select artefacts from your e-portfolio that demonstrate development of each the following competencies.
- Critical thinking.
- Intrapersonal and collaboration.
- Problem solving.
You should submit one artefact for each competency and critically evaluate how they evidence personal development for the benefit of your career aspirations. For example, you might have applied the service design framework from teaching week 7 and uploaded the output as an artefact, then used it to support “creativity” as a competence, or you might critique the learning styles report you completed in the pause and reflect week to support critical thinking. 1600 words in total, (400 words of critical reflection for each artefact).
Total word count for this assignment is 3800 words
Annotated bibliography. 2000 words.
Development opportunity reflection. 200 words.
Critical reflection on CPD artefacts. 1600 words.
A detailed reference section should be included. This should list all sources cited through parts 1 and 2, Style should conform to RGU Harvard referencing conventions.