Word Count : 3000 words
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
- Examine the importance of effective people management in relation to organisational success.
- Analyse the recruitment and selection process carried out by organisations.
- Prepare a CV and covering letter and demonstrate interview techniques for successful recruitment.
- Appraise pay and reward, performance management, training and development in relation to employee motivation.
This assessment takes the form of a 3,000-word employability portfolio, much of which will have been built up during the course of the module.
The portfolio should include the following aspects:
- A brief overview of why people management is important to ensure organisational success. (10%)
- Identification of your chosen job and the top 4-7 skills required for the role, evidenced using job advertisements/job descriptions etc and assessment of how you meet these skills and identification of areas you need to develop. (20%)
- Demonstration of how your CV and covering letter promote brand ‘you’. (20% including CV and covering letter)
- Reflection on learning throughout module and next steps. (10%)
Reference Style : Harvard Style