Task 1 : Written Assignment – Business Case = 1500
Task 2 : Written Assignment – Project Plan and Reflective Statement = 2,750 and 750
Upon completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Analyse and critically evaluate the drivers of projects in various sectors.
- Synthesise the role of strategic project management in organisational life cycle, particularly the links with change management.
- Clearly define and apply the key phases of project management, project organisation and
- Prepare and evaluate work breakdown structures for various projects.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of delivering projects to schedule, to quality and on budget.
- Define and critically appraise the role of stakeholders, leadership, teams, risk, and quality within the various aspects of managing projects
Task 1 :
❑ Reasons for the project
➢ The reasons for the project should be stated first – why is this being done. If this is unclear it indicates that further thinking and questioning is needed before going further.
➢ What different options are available for addressing the identified need? Why is the option you have chosen the best option? Critically appraising the possibilities will strengthen your business case.
❑ Outcomes and Benefits
➢ This is where you persuade your audience that your project is worthwhile. Make sure you justify the benefits that you predict. If your project will increase profit, then present detailed figures as evidence. If the primary benefit is improved customer care or staff efficiency, then explain how this will happen and what the effects will be.
Task 2 :
❑ Project Definition – Reminder of the need for the project
➢ Summarise why the project option was chosen
➢ Benefits and Outcomes.
➢ If your project will increase profit, then present detailed figures as evidence.
➢ If the primary benefit is improved customer care or staff efficiency, then explain how this will happen and what the effects will be
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)➢ Use a WBS to present the main activities and sub activities
➢ Present your WBS in a readable format
➢ Label and explain the processes and sub-processes
Referencing Style : Harvard