Module Learning Outcomes
LO1 Critically evaluate the relationship between strategy, stakeholder expectations and organizational performance.
LO2 Evaluate the impact of current and emerging Economic, Political and Cultural factors on the strategic management of an organization.
LO3 Formulate innovative business strategies designed to contribute to the success of an organization.
LO4 Critically assess different leadership styles in developing corporate values, social responsibilities and managing strategic change.
Learning Outcome 1:
Critically evaluate the relationship between strategy, stakeholder
expectations and organizational performance.
§ PC 1.1: Critically analyse the main concepts and theories of strategic management.
§ PC 1.2: Discuss the effectiveness of your organization’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives.
§ PC 1.3: Assess your organisation’s competitive position and its strategic drivers.
§ PC 1.4: Evaluate the organizational design of your chosen organisation and its impact on performance effectiveness.
§ PC 1.5: Analyse your chosen organization’s influence on its external business environment based on its current stage of the organisational lifecycle.
Learning Outcome 2:
Evaluate the impact of current and emerging Economic, Political and
Cultural factors on the strategic management of an organization.
§ PC 2.1: Critically analyse the external environment in which your chosen organization
§ PC 2.2: Evaluate the impact of at least two key environment factors on a business.
§ PC 2.3: Evaluate the effectiveness of your organization’s response to environmental factors.
Learning Outcome 3:
Formulate innovative business strategies designed to contribute to the success of an organization.
§ PC 3.1: Apply strategy formulation tools to design a business strategy for an organization.
§ PC 3.2: Critically discuss the factors that enhance change readiness and innovation within
§ PC 3.3: Prepare a plan for strategy implementation.
§ PC 3.4: Discuss the critical success factors that need to be in place in a strategic plan to ensure
Learning Outcome 4:
Critically assess different leadership styles in developing corporate values,
social responsibilities and managing strategic change.
§ PC 4.1: Critically assess various leadership styles and the benefits of each in a business context.
§ PC 4.2: Discuss the application of different leadership styles and its effect on organizational performance.we s of possible leadership styles that would support development of corporate values in your chosen organization. PC 4.4: Assess the impact of leadership styles on managing change and fulfilling corporate social responsibilities.
(Please read the instructions carefully)
1. Complete the title page with all necessary student details and ensure that the signature of the student is marked in the declaration form.
2. All assignments must be submitted as an electronic document in MS Word to the LMS (Use 12 Times New Roman script).
3. All assignments must be submitted with an accompanying Turnitin report.
4. Assignment that is not submitted to the LMS by the prescribed deadline will be accepted ONLY under the REDO and RESIT submission policy of Westford.
5. The results are declared only if the student has met the mandatory attendance requirement of 75% and/or a minimum of 50% under extenuating circumstances approved and ratified by the Academic Director. The student has to repeat the module (with additional fees applicable) if the attendance is below 50%.
6. The assignment should not contain any contents including references cited from websites likewww.ukessays.com, www.studymode.com, www.slideshare.net, www.scribd.com.
7. Students can refer Wikipedia as a source of information, but the references cited in Wikipedia must be mentioned.
8. Submit the assignment in a MS Word document with the file name being:
First Name Last Name_ abbreviation of the subject.
For this assignment you can choose your organization where you are currently working or where you have worked earlier. If you are choosing any other organization, it has to be one about which you have firsthand knowledge so as to fulfill the requirements of the assignment. You will write a Report on the chosen organization’s strategic management changes that it wants to incorporate.Suggested Report Format Executive Summary (10 marks) – The Executive Summary content should not be more than one A4page size. It will contain briefly all the important elements of discussion brought about in your report.
1. 1 Introduction to the company (5 marks) – Here you can give a current brief of your organization including vision, mission, strategic objectives, product/services offered, regions served, revenues, employee size etc. Assess the organization’s competitive position and its strategic drivers using the concepts of any one strategic management theory.
1.2 Current Business Scenario (10 marks) – Evaluate the organizational design of your chosen organisation, as well as its current stage of the organizational lifecycle. Discuss their impact on external business competitors and the chosen organization’s performance effectiveness.
2. Environmental Analysis and need for change (15 marks) – Critically analyse the effect of external environment on your chosen organization’s operations. Evaluate the impact of at least two key environmental factors on your company’s business profitability, and your organization’s response to it.
3. Strategy Identification and implementation
3.1 Strategy formulation (10 marks) – Apply and critically discuss any one or more strategy formulation tools to design a business strategy for your organization which will bring innovation in any business aspect(s).
3.2 Implementation of strategy (15 marks) – Propose a detailed plan for the strategy implementation. Discuss the critical success factors that will ensure organisational success and meet stakeholder expectations. Also critically discuss how the strategy will promote change
readiness and promote innovation. 4. Leadership Styles to Manage Strategic Change 4.1 Leadership Styles and Organizational Performance (10 marks)– Critically assess at least 2 or more leadership styles which benefitted your organization and enhanced organizational performance? 4.2Leadership Styles and Values/ CSR (10 marks)– Critically evaluate and share recommendations of leadership style(s) that would support further development of corporate values in your chosen organization. Assess the impact of this style on managing the company’s corporate social responsibilities and managing organizational change. 5. Recommendations & Conclusion (10 marks) – Give your recommendationsto ensure successful implementation of strategy. Conclude by summarizing the major strategic management issues highlighted in your chosen organization. 6. Presentation & References (5 marks) – You should present the whole report written well in a good format, and which makes good use the Harvard Referencing System (HRS).