Project Plan – ISYS5001
Project Plan – Teamwork GROUP ASSIGNMENT
Submit your completed Project Plan Assessment to the blackboard under the Assessment Folder. One student must submit Project Plan Assessment power point slides on the behalf of the group to the Blackboard via the Turnitin. Each group member must submit 4 self-peer evaluation forms under his/her account to the blackboard. These forms can be submitted to the blackboard
Please note that due to Covid-19 impacts, the assessment schedule in the Assessment schedule table (Please check the unit outline) has been modified. Therefore, this assessment is worth now 40% of your final grade.
Presentation Standard – Power Point Slides
- 20 Power Point Slides excluding references
- Times New Roman
- 20 pt for normal text
- 30 pt bold for major headings, 25 pt bold for minor headings
- Header: Group number plus your names; make sure to use the following format: 10pt, italics, right aligned.
- Footer: Page numbering make sure to use the following format: 10pt, italics, left aligned
- Assignment should be spell and grammar checked.
- The assignment should contain no less than Ten academic journal references and textbooks, 5 journals should be dated from 2015 to 2021. Make sure to use Endnote software for the references’ section.
- Whenever you need to quote ideas and/or the quotes of any other author, you should acknowledge this, using the Chicago referencing method (Chicago 17th B ed.)
- N.B.: The use of WIKIPEDIA online encyclopaedia is not allowed
- To save your files for the Project Plan Assessment, please use this format (to the blackboard or online storage etc).: Group #_Project Plan_File Name
- For the peer reflection file, please use this format: your name_ID#_group number
The Project Plan Assessment PowerPoint slides (Worth 30 %) (Please use the following headings for your power point slides)
- Project Key dates: – 2 Marks for this section you can use this link to present the outcome.
- Project Objectives; 2 Marks
- Project Assumptions; 3 Marks
- Cost expenses and NPV; 3 Marks
- WBS, OBS (you can create OBS via the PowerPoint using SmartArt), (Define the project team roles and responsibilities, please complete WBS via MS Project); – 8 Marks
- Critical Path (from the WBS using MS Project); 2 Marks
- Communication Plan; 2 Marks
- Register Risks and the Responsibility (RACI) Matrix – 5 Marks
- And finally closing plan; 3 Marks
- For WBS, OBS and other large documents please upload them to an online storage (i.e., Dropbox or SkyDrive…etc) and later add the Dropbox or SkyDrive link(s) in the PowerPoint slide(s) for the specific slide title.
Case study – SPF Company LTD
SPF is a substantial Western Australian recycling business. It has experienced strong growth for several years and has projected growth of 40% pa revenues for each of the next 5 years. Last year the business had revenues of $180 Million. The SPF business has 5 branches scattered throughout the Perth city with total annual rental of $1.1 Million. A preliminary plan has been developed to improve efficiency and productivity to allow for continued growth. This project plan will target the following United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development (SD) 11, 12, 13, and 15, also 7. Please make sure to consider them in your design and discuss in your presentation how to target each goal UNSD.
Currently SPF asked you to perform the following:
- A new IT system
- A new IT system will be introduced to SPF, and your team will develop, design, implement, test, evaluate and train the new system in all the offices in Perth, which will cost $12 million.
- The current IT hardware needs to be upgraded (will cost $5 million) including the Operating System and internet facility (you need to perform the configuration and networking) to all the offices in Perth, before the new IT system implementation.
- For the new IT system please target the UN sustainable development goals in your design.
- SPF Company will ask you to develop, design, implement, test, and evaluate a company website (for all the offices in Perth), and create accounts in the following social networking namely, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, and Snapchat accounts for marketing purposes. This task will cost $50 thousand. Furthermore, you need to create short videos, to show SPF company how to use the website and social networking accounts.
- New IT Department Office in Perth office ONLY.
- You need to construct (interior and exterior) a new IT department office, four layers/levels beside the current building in Perth office ONLY. This task will cost $10 million.
- The plan stipulates that there must be no disruption of the business in SPF, so this suggested the new hardware be completed over 8 weekends ONLY.
- For the new IT Department please target the UN sustainable development goals in your design.
- No outsourcing in this project at ALL.
- Important NOTE
- Your team will charge a fixed fee once the scope is finalised and this is estimated at $500,000 per month.
Peer reflection (Worth 10%)
Each Peer should submit the following to the blackboard:
- 3 Peer reflections
- 1 Personal reflection on what you have done for this assignment
- A copy of your draft resources/notes that you developed or located for this assignment (these do not need to be in final form, they are simply to provide an idea or what you have contributed to the assignment)
- Please make sure to submit your peer reflection, personal reflection and your notes in one document to the blackboard (under your account).
- To save this file, please use this format: your name (plus ID#) plus your group number
This assessment is targeting the following Curtin’s Graduate Attributes:
- Collaborative Team Working
- Critical thinking skills
- Applied Discipline Knowledge and Skills
This evaluation is designed to encourage you to think about and understand how well you and your pair performed the team activity in order for you to develop these important skills.
Research indicates that students who reflect on their performance have more control over future performance of targeted skill(s), are better able to articulate their progress and demonstrate increased self-confidence in a range of situations.
The 10 marks will be allocated as follows:
- Quality of the responses in the Evaluation Schedules
- For the timely completion of both Evaluation Schedules (A & B) 5 marks
- Lecturer mark for the Group functioning as determined by
- Your information that you have provided on your own contribution to this assignment
- the compilation of group perspectives on peer performance
(from the group member’s evaluations) 3 marks
- Draft notes/resources
- The organisation of these forms and materials 2 marks
Note: the lecturer mark is where the lecturer can reward effort, contribution, and leadership capacity on an individualised basis, however, all students have the capacity to receive full marks on this component of the assessment if s/he has proved a superior contribution to the group functioning.
As this is an assessable task you need to understand/follow the instructions:
- These evaluation forms are confidential and enable the lecturer to get an insight into how well the team/group process functioned and to track your contribution. Fill out this evaluation on yourself and your group members (peers) honestly and submit to the blackboard Peer Evaluation, as well make sure to submit with the same document your draft notes/resources as PDF.
- Ensure to put your name on the Self/Peer Evaluation Schedule (A) and your pair members’ name on the Self/Peer Evaluation Schedule (B).
- Your Lecturer will read your group’s work and identify how well the pair functioned. This will also reveal if he/she needs to make any organisational changes to the activity the next semester.
- Please Note: This is your opportunity to tell the lecturer if there were any problems with the pair interactions, division of workload etc., so be as honest as you can. Even if your group did not function well, you have the capacity to earn the individual marks if you made every effort to complete the assignment well.
- Your feedback will be collated with your peer and marked according to insights provided about what you learned from doing this experience, honesty of responses and level of completion.
Team working Skills – Tracking individual workload Assessment
Self/Peer Evaluation Schedule (A)
Note to students: – Bullet points in the first column should be answered in terms of … “What did I do ….?”
|Aspects of Team Working||Self-Reflective Comments for: ______________________________ (write your name here) Student ID: _________________________________________________|
|Individual Roles and Responsibilities What roles/activities did you undertake in this assignment? (e.g., researcher, editor, sequencing data, draft writer, collation of materials)Explain how your contribution to the group made a difference to the final product?|
|Generating and Creating Ideas/Strategies Did I contribute original/new ideas? Cite examples.Synergy – How well did I build on the ideas of others to produce a superior outcome? Cite examples.|
|Research Did I undertake an equal share?Was my information accurate and in my own words/not plagiarised directly off the web?Was my information up to date? -from credible sources eg journals, texts, conference papers etc?|
|Collegiality What did I do to support our discussions positively?What did I do to mediate potential conflict? What is your attitude to working with your partner? Has it been OK, if not, why not? and what have you done about it?|
|Organisational skills: Did I make it to all team meetings on time?What are my time management skills like?How well did I work to the timeline? – did you get your materials to each other on time? – did you make it to the meetings on time? etc|
|Final Outcome/Product Discuss how your contribution increased the quality of the final assignment.How relevant is your assignment to real life?|
|Self-reflection comments: What did I learn from this group activity (in terms of the process of working in teams – not content/information)? What would I need to change for further develop about how I worked with my partner in order to make future team activities more successful?List 3 strengths you have in team working and 2 weaknesses that you need to continue to improve.|
Professional Skill – Team Working
Self/Peer Evaluation Schedule (B)
|Aspects of Team Working||Peer-Reflective Comments for: ______________________________ (write your partner’s name here) Student ID: _________________________________________________|
|Individual Roles and Responsibilities What roles/activities did she/he undertake in this assignment? (eg, researcher, editor, sequencing data, draft writer, collation of materials)Explain how his/her contribution to the group made a difference to the final product?|
|Generating and Creating Ideas/Strategies Did he/she contribute original/new ideas? Cite examples.Synergy – How well did he/she build on your ideas to produce a superior outcome? Cite examples.|
|Research Did he/she undertake an equal share?Was his/her information accurate and paraphrased/not plagiarised directly off the web?Was his/her information up to date? -from credible sources e.g. journals, texts, conference papers etc?|
|Collegiality What did he/she do to support our discussions positively?What did he/she do to mediate potential conflict? What is your attitude to working with your partner? Has it been OK, if not, why not? and what have you done about it?|
|Organisational skills: Did he/she make it to all team meetings on time?What are his/her time management skills like?How well did he/she work to the timeline? – were material received on time? – did he/she make it to the meetings on time? etc|
|Final Outcome/Product Discuss how his/her contribution increased the quality of the final assignment.|
|Other comments about your partner: List 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses that you have identified in your partner from this team working assignment.|