Word Count : 1000 words
Learning Outcomes :
The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Apply methodological theory to critically evaluate existing research in your chosen field.
b) Critically examine alternate research approaches, philosophies and strategies in research and identify their limitations and implications.
Critically analyse the research project and the available methodology, appropriately aligning the
topic and the methodology, and provide a well -argued rationale to support the alignment.
When working on this task, one should refer to the approved research topics provided within their
research area and consult with the supervisor who is overseeing the topic area. Choosing and
justifying an appropriate methodology to investigate a topic is one of the key tasks of a professional
To complete this task, you must:
- Critically engage with your research project to delineate the nature and scope of the project and identify potential research outcomes.
- Next, critically examine research approaches, philosophies and strategies including their limitations and implications.
- Finally, summarize these issues presenting a well-argued rationale aligning the project with the chosen methodology.
- The assessment should be written in report format using headings and sub-headings to
- organize the arguments in the report.
- Key references should be provided to support your arguments using the author and year in
- text supported by a complete list of all references in alphabetical order at the end of the report.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research.